Quote ref: 990027/75589
This contract with our central government client is for a Investigation Officer for 12 months. The role is located in Dover and has a pay rate of LTD Rate/UMB Rate - £294.37 / PAYE - £216.78.
Contractors are sought to support the development of newly trained financial investigators in Immigration Enforcement Criminal and Financial Investigations
1. To support and mentor newly recruited trainee financial investigators successfully through their accreditation process.
2. To assist in building investigative capacity so every Criminal & Financial Investigation team has access to a local fully trained financial investigation resource.
3. Assist in building investigative capabilities and capacities to enable financial investigators to fully utilise legislation to tackle the proceeds of organised immigration crime. Financial investigators will identify and recover the criminal finances, money movement and assets that are associated with the OIC threat.
4. Assist in building investigative capabilities and capacities to enable them to exploit financial data and intelligence to support the evidence base needed to secure the prosecutions of OCGs.
• Experience of conducting financial investigations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 including, cash detention, confiscation, part 5 (civil recovery), listed assets and account freezing order investigations.
• Experience of taking these financial investigations through the associated Court hearings is also required.
• Experience of drafting summaries / statements in criminal and civil proceedings and attending Court to give evidence.
• Experience of analysing complex financial data and the presentation of such in an evidential format for Court and the completion and service of financial orders.
• Experience of applying the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 in criminal and POCA investigations (namely frozen funds).
• Current or previous POCC accreditation as a Financial Investigator and have undertaken Civil Recovery In Summary Proceedings (CRiSP) training. Previous confiscation training is desirable.