Our public sector client are currently looking for a Senior Communication Officer to join their team on a new contact.
Contract Length:12 months
Location: WFH mostly but need to be commutable to Leeds area as they will likely be asked to come to the office in Leeds 1 or 2 times a month (Paid for by the candidate)
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: 230pd
CV Deadline: 29/03 at 3pm
Developing and delivering an internal communication strategy in line with legislation and departmental policies. Working closely with key stakeholders, ensuring that colleagues are aware and engaged with corporate initiatives. Managing a range of internal communications channels. Managing key internal staff events. Developing new and innovative ways of communicating departmental changes and developments to staff members. Organising internal departmental events and functions. General up keep of intranet site. Ensuring staff distribution lists are kept up to date.
Experience and Knowledge
You will have a specialised knowledge of communications and engagement grounded in theory and practical experience. You will be able to demonstrate:
· Your experience of developing communication plans to support business objectives, and taking ownership of their delivery from start to finish
· Your experience of working with other communications and marketing practitioners in a multi-channel environment, with exposure to and involvement in the creation of campaigns
· Management of communication messaging within a complex and sensitive environment
· Excellent written and verbal skills: able to provide clear communication materials for internal and external channels, adapting your style and tone for different audiences
· Your ability to work closely with senior leaders to provide professional communications advice and guidance
· The general principles of outstanding communications practice.
Skills and Ability
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
· Expert ability to select, use and evaluate communication and engagement channels including intranet, internal social media etc
· Excellent organisational skills and co-ordination ability
· Diplomacy and relationship management skills (internal colleagues/clients and external suppliers)
· Ability to work with and influence senior leaders, managers and staff at all levels
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate activity across a range of areas and gather analytics
· An appreciation of the need for confidentiality of information.
Provide and receive complex sensitive information