Our public sector client are currently looking for a Communications Lead to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 6 months min. (possibility of 9 months)
Pay Rate to Candidate: £400pd
MUST BE ABLE TO SHOW THE EXPERIENCE OR DEMONSTRATE THEY CAN LEAD TOWNHALLS WITH CLEAR, ENGAGING COMMUNICATION
- creating high quality change products to engage effectively and constructively with stakeholders so that they feel well informed and supported through change.
- work with project teams and business partners to skilfully turn sophisticated information into content for engagement webinars and training workshops that have a consistent look and feel and are visually appealing.
- connect in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact.
- tailor this content accordingly to diverse stakeholder audiences using the appropriate channel (email, MS teams webinars, broadcasts, newsletters etc).
- support employee engagement through the planning and organisation of face-to-face events and other channels such as webinars and SharePoint to promote two-way engagement
This role will lead the strategy and delivery of LPC’s comms plan, ensuring timely, consistent and clear messaging to the business. This LPC comms role also covers some JBC-all comms functionality (town halls, newsletter etc). This work suits self-starters who have excellent judgement, write clearly and build consensus across the Joint Biosecurity Centre.
The working culture is currently flexible and virtual from home.
This is a challenging role working in the heart of the response to the greatest public health challenge the country has faced in a generation. It offers excellent developmental opportunities and exposure to senior leaders across the organisation.
Essential skills / experience / knowledge:
• Excellent communication skills – you will be expected to provide and commission clear and concise and briefings, verbally, in writing and visually. You will also bring together information from colleagues across JBC to ensure a high standard of delivery in all JBC messaging.
• Experience of working in an internal communication or change environment. Experience of drafting highly engaging content to communicate to stakeholders. Proven ability to turn technical information skilfully and rapidly into highly engaging content, tailored to the needs of the specific stakeholder audience and for the particular channel chosen.
• Good interpersonal skills, capable of maintaining strong relationships. This is vital as the JBC is working virtually from home and the post holder will be required to communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact.
• Work collaboratively by sharing information appropriately and building supportive, trusting and professional relationships with a wide range of people within the team and across the department.
• Experience of Microsoft Office suite of products including Teams and PowerPoint - preparing presentations for seniors to deliver and improving JBC’s branding