Minimum Requirement: CIPD LEVEL 5
1) Experience in Best Practice in Employment Law
2) Case Work experience as amounts to around (30%) of the work
• Ideal applicant must have exposure to wide variety of Hr functions from ‘nipping things in bud’ to full case work
• Experience in an Operational HR role
• Ideally from scientific background
• Ability to take early intervention in cases
• Exp of not only working with MI but produces meaningful data from it
The main role of the HR Advisor is to provide an HR consultancy service to Division Heads, senior managers and staff within a specific area of the business. This service will include advising on and managing individual and team-based case management activity using professional knowledge, coaching and influencing skills, so that staff in the business area are managed and developed in line with best practice principals and STFC’s and UKRI business objectives. As a highly customer facing role you must be able to build rapport, form relationships quickly and be able to communicate effectively with people.
The HR Advisor will also lead on local project activity and support other HR projects and activities across UKRI.
Reporting to the Senior HR Advisor, the HR Advisors will:
• Within the agreed policies and practices of STFC, provide professional advice, guidance and support to senior staff and managers in the area, on people management issues, all aspects of HR operations including recruitment and retention, staff benefits, staff performance and development and specific casework. It is understood that the individual delivering a role at this level will still require some degree of support as they move towards a more independent and autonomous delivery. Within this the HR Advisor will champion the use of HR self-service options to provide assistance to line managers and employees on generic HR policy and process queries.
• Support the Head of HR, Business Partners, and Senior HR Advisor in delivering an HR strategy that meets the needs of the organisation and the particular business area, which will include for example, a workforce planning tool and the creation of tools and techniques to deliver it.
• Be key to the delivery of a flexible workforce for STFC.
• Support the delivery of any future STFC restructuring/change programme.
• Work with HR colleagues across the organisation, and within other Research Councils where appropriate to support the maintenance and development of best practice policies and procedures.
• Participate in the development and delivery of HR learning and personal development initiatives within the business area and sometimes more widely.
• Review data to analyse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
• Adopt a continuous improvement approach in all activity.
Contacts and Communication:
The HR Advisors will
• Provide advice and guidance to the Division Heads and Group Leaders in the business area.
• Provide advice and guidance to all managers in the business area.
• Maintain contact with the relevant HR Business Partner, in the delivery of the HR Strategy for that specific area and/or more widely.
• Will liaise with counterparts and senior staff in the Research Councils, UKSBS, and other external organisations as appropriate.
• Be required, from time to time, to liaise with and work closely with colleagues in other functional areas in the delivery of a ‘total’ service to the business area.
• When interacting with professional associates outside the business, always identify new and novel approaches that may be of benefit to STFC
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: wed 28th 5pm