Our government client are currently looking for a Governance & Controls Risk Manager to join their team on a new 8 month contract. This role is hybrid working and may need 2 days on site per week if required, the locations for this will be London, Milton Keynes or East Kilbride. The role is within IR35 and has a pay rate of £400 umbrella.
The Governance, Controls Risk Manager will offer vital support to the Governance lead for coordinating the effective governance of Hera Digital Service (HDS), with specific reference to supporting the operation of the new governance boards, maintaining risk records and managing dependencies with other major programme and third parties. They provide an essential supporting link to external audit and assurance and standards, ensuring effective controls are maintained.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
1. To coordinate and maintain the necessary cadence and logistics to support HDS governance, decision making, information flow and scheduling
2. Ensure the necessary flows of information between the boards and scheduling to ensure they are sequenced correctly
3. Maintain and update the Terms of reference (TORs) for various boards and seek opportunities for continuous improvement to maximise effectiveness
4. Own and ensure effective management of the Hera Digital Service risk, dependencies and issues registers, ensure risk actions are tracked, monitored and followed up, monitoring actions with board members to ensure they are delivered.
5. Provide clear reporting and visibility of the risk profile at a senior level, reporting the impacts of mitigation, and support the governance and controls lead in providing clear reporting and material to assist in briefing SLT, boards and leads
6. Work with other teams across the Hera Digital Service as change is introduced to capture risks and advise of potential risks¸ ensuring action is taken where possible to mitigate corporate risk and lessen the impact of issues, ensuring owners are identified to take forward actions
7. Support in all elements of governance as the service is matured.
8. Ensure that there are clear records of decisions, track and monitor the actions with board members to ensure they are delivered
9. Ensuring the right representation is present at each forum, challenging extra membership where it is not appropriate or where members are not empowered with sufficient decision making authority
10. Attend and actively contribute to the Operations & Administration and Performance Board as well as any other boards as required by the Operations Manager and Governance and Controls Lead.