Our central government client are currently looking for a Commercial Accountant (Financial Modelling Specialist) to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: March 2022
Location: Home Working
IR35: inside IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £ 477pd
CV Deadline: Tuesday 2nd November at 4 pm
SEO or Grade 7
• Working for a Central Government department building models for major procurement of services that the Government buys in from large outsourcing providers like Serco, Capita and G4S as well as smaller suppliers. A number of Procurement decisions are to be made in the coming months leading to requirement of an additional financial modeller.
• Role holder will work in a Commercial Finance team and partner with Procurement and Commercial colleagues who develop procurement strategies including developing payment models, inviting tenders, evaluating supplier bids and negotiating with suppliers.
• The role requires a strong financial modeller with advanced Excel skills including VBA, Macros and the ability to work with large data sets. The role holder will be required to build new models from scratch as well as adapt existing models. Role holder is required to be able to work alone with limited supervision and using their own initiative.
• The ability to analyse and succinctly summarise submissions from suppliers efficiently is a major requirement of this role as well as providing quality insights and output that aid decision making. You will also be required to prepare and present multiple scenarios, sensitivity analysis and stress testing.
• Ideally with experience in one or more of the following financial modelling within an Accountancy/Consultancy firm, Central Government Procurement/Commercial function or modelling department of a FTSE 100/Blue Chip corporate.
• Knowledge of P&L and Cash Flow forecasting.
• Qualified accountant, Economist, Consultant, Statistician or MBA with relevant experience will be considered. FAST or other Financial Modelling accreditation is highly desirable.
• There is no line management responsibility.
• Changing and Improving
• Delivering at Pace
• Communicating and Influencing
• Working Together
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
• Financial modelling within an Accountancy/Consultancy firm, Central Government Procurement/Commercial function or modelling department of a FTSE 100/Blue Chip corporate.
• Financial analysis skills and cost intelligence
• Experience in a Commercial Finance/Outsourcing environment
• Desirable - experience of leading large projects or high value procurement activity
• Understanding of financial accounts and analysis techniques
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment, to multi task and work across boundaries, demonstrating resilience.
• Excellent collaboration and partnering skills.
• Qualified accountant, Economist, Consultant, Statistician or MBA with relevant experience will be considered.
• Advanced Excel skills including VBA, Macros and the ability to work with large data sets.
• FAST or other Financial Modelling accreditation is highly desirable.
Selection Criteria • Evidence of experience of developing complex financial models.
• Advanced Excel knowledge including process of building a financial model.
• Ability to analyse and interpret complex financial data and present in a concise easily understandable format.
• Sound understanding of financial accounts including ratios and trend analysis to identify emerging risks with supplier financial position
• Able to develop and maintain working relationships across team boundaries