Our government client is looking for a Finance Project Manager for a 12 months contract based in Swindon at £450 inside IR35.
Role: Finance Project Manager – Reporting
Contract Length: 12 Months
Location: Swindon based, hybrid working but in the office up to 4 days per week dependent on business needs (expected average 2-3 days a week)
Pay Rate to Candidate: Up to £450 to candidate
Security Clearance: BPSS
Interview Process: 1 Stage Teams
• MUST – Experience of Financial Report Management
• MUST – Significant ERP user experience
• MUST – Delivered Reporting Requirements
• MUST – People leadership skills
• MUST – Accountable for project deliverables
• PREFERABLE – Experience of working in an ERP implementation project team
• PREFERABLE – HR and/or Procurement reporting
• PREFERABLE – Experience of working within a Government environment
• PREFERABLE – Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant
Finance Project Manager will be responsible for leading this major change initiative for Reporting:
• Providing extensive management and highly expert technical input impacting the future operation of highly skilled professionals; dispersed across the UK in the Corporate Hub, the 9 Councils, their Centres, Institutes and Units.
• Working with the Business Process Owner (BPO) to appoint two SMEs (Subject Mater Experts) to also work on Reporting.
• Managing several SMEs on a day to day basis, ensuring they are adequately resourced, taking responsibility for their effectiveness, decision making, advice and quality of service and deliverables.
• Leading the Business Working Group for Reporting and participating in Business Steering Group meetings.
• Participating in Programme Management Team (PMT) meetings.
• Developing a detailed Functional Delivery Plan for Reporting (in consultation with the PMO Manager), ensuring the timescales are realistic and tasks are delivered on time to meet key milestones defined in the overall Programme Plan.
• Designing and delivering Reporting process harmonisation and standardisation across UKRI for their function.
• Leading scope, process and system design discussions for Reporting.
• Managing and co-ordinating all Reporting workshops, ensuring sufficient and appropriate business attendance.
• Managing the production, completion and sign-off of all programme documents associated with Reporting.
• Producing the Reporting Blueprint and presenting it to the BPO to approve.
• Working closely with the rest of the Programme team, regularly reviewing integration points with other technical and functional areas to ensure there is no conflict.
• Identifying, recording and managing project issues, risks and dependencies, escalating them to the Senior Business PM and PMO Manager.
• Monitoring that things are going according to plan, verifying users are getting what was committed, and validating that the implementation meets all the business requirements.
• Producing fortnightly Checkpoint reports for collation by the PMO Manager for the Programme Manager.
• Understanding the implications of the changes required in UKRI and its Councils to harmonise the Reporting processes.
• Supporting the Business Change Manager with high level change impact activity and championing the change.
• Supporting the successful rollout of the solution and its wide adoption across all UKRI hierarchies.
• Ensuring adequate early life support is in place to support the business rollout.