This contract with our UK Government Defence client is INISDE IR35 paying £409.64 per day for 2 years based in Salisbury, South West.
CV Deadline: 4th September 9am
The Electromagnetic Protection Group (EMPG) is embarking on a refresh programme to ensure the future relevance of the group to provide technical advice and assurance to our customer on Radio Frequency and Electro-Optic Sensing and Countermeasure systems. One of the biggest challenges is the move to Systems Level and System-of-Systems experimentation. Currently EMPG operate a range of experimentation and more traditional Test and Evaluation methodologies that need to be brought together, along with new capabilities to provide a coherent toolsets.
This role will support the Group’s senior technical leaders (called Technical Capability Principals (TCPs)) to implement a System of Systems strategy that has recently been developed by the Group. The position will provide support and oversight to the development of the future technical capability space and help define and shape the direction for current solutions. This requires the development and delivery of governance approaches across UK Defence. This role will support the training and development of new members of staff and contribute to the transfer of knowledge on coherent experimentation.
The Experimentation Capability Lead will:
• Work closely with the System of Systems Technical Capability Partners to ensure that the group are implementing experimentation processes correctly and efficiently across the group;
• Produce experimentation delivery plans with agreed delivery milestones and Verification & Validation acceptance criteria;
• Develop the required governance approaches necessary to deliver a System of Systems capability across UK Defence;
• Provide guidance and support to the development of existing capabilities to bring them in line with the System of Systems experimentation approach;
• Develop and deliver additional capabilities/tools as required.
The Experimentation Capability Lead will need the following skills:
• Experience in conducting system and System of Systems level experimentation in a military Electronic Warfare environment;
• Experience of requirements definition and governance approaches;
• Experience of RF and EO Sensing and Countermeasures technologies and associated experimentation techniques;
• Experience in leading and upskilling teams and in particular junior staff.
Security Clearance: SC