Electrical Engineer - Design Manager
- Deadline: 05.03.2024
This contract with our central government client is for an Electrical Engineer - Design Manager for 6 months. The role is located in Weybridge and requires 4 days per week on site with the rest remote. The pay rate for this role is up to £800 (Umbrella) / £592.85 (PAYE) per day.
The role is to develop and technically lead on intelligent client function matters related to electrical engineering requirements and design quality assurance across work programmes (SCAH and Critical Works), reporting to the Engineering Manager / Director.
• Working alongside specialist consultants, the role relates to applying design standards to proposed and operational engineering requirements of buildings, plant / equipment, utilities, and infrastructure to meet regulatory and compliance standards;
• providing design assurance to various entities, HSE and other related licence authorities that the electrical engineering works are designed, installed, and commissioned in a safe and secure manner aligned with industry best practice.
• Responsible for the electrical engineering assurance of the design, installation and commissioning of projects.
• Assessing and reporting on engineering compliance and assessing risk with responsibility for identified electrical risks and maintaining them on the risk register.
• Developing site engineering standards and processes aligned with industry best practice, ensuring that all new assets are installed in accordance with statutory compliance and deliver reliability of operations.
• Responsible for the Intelligent Client function to assess and review electrical engineering solutions proposed and delivered by programmes; ensuring all proposals are fit for purpose, compliant with industry standards and deliver best practice for the business.
• Contributes to engineering working groups and decisions making related to the holistic estate engineering design strategies.
• Key reviewer of designer performance, undertaking, and supporting design reviews, Sign-off of design stage gateways.
• Leading the SMT on electrical engineering and assurance including APHA & DgP; ensuring stakeholders are managed and informed and resolving escalations
• Engage with licensing bodies, taking responsibility for ensuring the specification meets mission critical regulations
• Direct the Senior Management team in setting standards and making decisions about future strategy
• Leading the electrical engineering and assurance of the design for Weybridge
• Leading technical standards for the electrical engineering on a programme of works in excess of £250m
• Lead the professional service consultancy in the development of commissioning and validation requirements
• As part of the ICF leading on electrical engineering you will appoint and manage professional service consultants’ staff in support of the design and installation assurance for Weybridge
• Degree qualified in electrical engineering, building services engineering and/or a construction industry related engineering qualification.
• Extensive experience in project engineering management in a research, science or similar complex environment, with experience of managing design standards and assurance.
• Chartered status and registered with the engineering council. Professional Engineer status shall be with one of the following institutions: CIBSE, IET, IHEEM
• Stakeholder management skills.
• Science and Research experience with CL3/CL4 experience preferable, but not essential.