Our Government client is currently recruiting for an Economist role, on a £550 P/D inside IR35 remote.
Contract Length: 4 MONTHS WITH THE VIEW TO BE EXTENDED
Pay Rate to Candidate: 550 /Umb
he candidate would be expected to deliver a wide range of analytical tasks, including:
- Build a compelling economic narrative for a range of new initiatives, applying economics from first principles to make the case for change
- Developing bottom up costings for new, innovative service delivery models;
- Developing cost benefit appraisal models, including considering innovative methods for calculating non-financial benefits;
- Drafting economic input to business cases and other internal documents;
- Undertaking appropriate quality assurance processes and ensuring risk and uncertainty within the modelling is clearly analysed and articulated; and
- Presenting analysis with confidence to senior colleagues, governance boards and HMT.
As the lead for the economic analysis for commissioning projects for the Youth Custody Service, the candidate would also be expected to be an active member of commissioning project team working with colleagues across a range of professions to deliver the analysis.
Required Skills & Experience
• Strong quantitative analysis skills.
• Economic appraisal skills and experience of applying them to issues of public policy.
• Advanced excel skills.
• Experience of implementing a Quality Assurance process to ensure robust analysis (i.e. to Aqua Book Standards), including recording changes to datasets for audit purposes.
• The ability to present evidence and analysis clearly, both in written communications and verbally, to support production of final bid products. In doing so ensuring all assumptions are transparently presented with results and that key risks and sensitivities are assessed.
• Track record of becoming familiar with complex social issues at pace
• Experience of collaborating with a wide range of teams and contacts simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders.
Security Clearance: BASIC
CV Deadline: Monday 23rd