Our major public sector client is currently recruiting for a Digital Service Manager, on a 6 month remote working contract paying £528 PD inside IR35 remote.
Role: Digital Service Manager
Contract Length: 6 months with a possibility of extension
Rate: £528 per Day
• Knowledge of various methodologies used to manage IT and Digital services and an ability to tailor methodologies and management practices dependant on the characteristics of the service being delivered.
• Knowledge of techniques and approaches that can be used to deliver value, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean.
• An understanding of managing products and services across the lifecycle.
• Knowledge of IT systems implementation
• An understanding of programme and project management principles and delivery methods.
Section 1 Skills and Experience
The Service Management profession here,have adopted the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA). For this role, the post holder is expected to demonstrate ability and experience in the following:
Essential SFIA skills:
• Service level management
Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information. Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
• Service Acceptance
Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard. Feeds into change management processes.
• Change management
Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
• Problem management
Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Determines problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
• Incident management
Ensures that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Investigates escalated incidents to responsible service owners and seeks resolution. Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed. Analyses causes of incidents and informs service owners in order to minimise probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement. Analyses metrics and reports on performance of incident management process.
• Performance management
Supervises individuals and teams. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals’ skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Acts to facilitate effective working relationships between team members.
• Supplier management
Collects supplier performance data and investigates problems. Monitors and reports on supplier performance, customer satisfaction, and market intelligence. Validates that suppliers' performance is in accordance with contract terms. Engages proactively and collaboratively with suppliers to resolve incidents, problems, or unsatisfactory performance. Implements supplier management-related service improvement initiatives and programmes.
Additional essential skills & experience for this role:
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and suppliers at a senior level.
• The ability to foster a collaborative environment that prioritises learning and development.
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality material right first time.
• Proven experience of practising ITIL service management processes.
• The ability to create, develop and manage teams effectively.
• Experience in effectively managing business risks using recognised techniques.
Desirable SFIA skills:
• Knowledge management
• Project management
• Requirements definition and management
• Learning and development management
• Competency assessment
• Relationship management
• Product management
Section 2 Qualifications
• A master’s degree or equivalent experience.
• ITIL Practitioner, VeriSM Foundation or equivalent experience.
Prince 2 Agile Foundation or Practitioner or equivalent qualification or significant practical experience gained within a large project-based organisation in either the public or private sector.