Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Digital Service Manager on 12 month contract paying up to £65 p.h inside IR35 on a 12 month contract.
Role: Digital Service Manager
Contract Length: 12 Months
Location: Cumbria Site
Pay Rate to Candidate: £65ph Umbrella
Security Clearance: Basic Disclosure
CV Deadline: 1st April 3pm
Interview Process: Telephone Interview
The purpose of this role is to ensure all of the Data Centres, Communications Rooms, IT Stores and Meeting rooms are effectively maintained and managed to support the efficient and effective delivery of IT Services to the Sellafield business. To ensure that all supporting services are delivered in line with the agreed SLA and Contract.
• Work with ISO leadership to set strategic objectives for the property and manage the implementation.
• Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment including fire/life safety, mechanical and electrical systems. Plan, implement, co-ordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
• Understand and utilize maximum capabilities of all operational systems, including BMS supported by the vendor.
• Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
• Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance programme on an on-going basis. Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations.
• Work with Service Operations to ensure that best practice is being adopted and that a common approach is in place.
• Ensure that the DC support engineers are trained and competent to act as the first line response unit in the event of a fault in the site plant or infrastructure to minimise the potential for, and frequency of, outages.
• Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
• Identify and recommend operational improvements to be implemented across all of the facilities.
• Ensure that all compliance and standards are implemented across the site.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fires, evacuation, equipment failure, call outs, etc.) and customer concerns and to be available to work outside normal hours, nights and weekends when required.
• Review any service failures and produce incident reports when required.
• Work with the Disaster Recovery SMD to mature Disaster Recovery arrangements and quality of documentation.
• Develop strong relationships with the customer and embed a culture of “Service Excellence” with internal and external customers.
• Provide customer support and communication for new and existing customers.
• Co-ordinate and manage customer communication around planned and unplanned maintenance including responding to customer needs and co-ordinating with maintenance staff to resolve problems.
• Co-ordinate with the internal lines of business and vendors to attend customer meetings.
• Manage internal resources and vendors to meet customer timelines and deliverables.
• Maintain positive relationships and high retention levels with all clients. Responds to all problems and concerns and ensures compliance with rules and regulations.
• Execute all aspects of data centre operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data centre operation to achieve compliance with all SLAs.
• To ensure access to all buildings and rooms have a clearly defined Access control List
• To ensure the Access Control List is in enforced and managed
• To detect any unauthorised access and take the necessary action to identify how this happened and take action to prevent a repeat.
AUTHORITIES & DIMENSIONS
• Has authority as delegated by the ISO Service Operations Lead
• Performs to the required values, attitude and behaviours as required by the level of the role
• Ensures the maximum value is achieved for all service contracts and identify service level misses to gain penalty
• To ensure all locations are kept clean by means of a schedule of cleaning
• To ensure all buildings are clear of waste materials/rubbish i.e. Cardboard boxes or redundant equipment
• To ensure all Data Centre standards are maintained as per the outsourced contract
• To ensure Service Management is aware of any planned or unplanned electrical power outages and the appropriate management of any impact is carried out.
• To ensure regular electrical safety and maintenance checks are carried out
• To ensure all UPS and Generators are maintained and the relevant tests are carried out
• To ensure all required PAT testing is carried out as per the required schedule
Environmental Conditioning and Alert Systems:
• To ensure smoke detection and fire suppression systems are maintained in line with the agreed schedule
• To ensure all humidity systems are maintained in line with the agreed schedule
• To ensure all air conditioning systems are maintained in line with the agreed schedule
• To ensure all environmental systems are tested in line with the agreed schedule
• To ensure all safety standards are adhered to that relate to the operation of Data Centres, Communications Rooms, IT Stores and Meeting rooms
Shipping, Storage and Receiving:
• To ensure all deliveries in to the data centres are recorded
• To ensure that all shipping out of the data centre is recorded
• To ensure that the effective storage and stock management is in line with the schedule
• To ensure that all equipment identified as decommissioned is securely stored ahead of disposal
• To ensure that all equipment is disposed of in line with the relevant legislation/regulation and to the required secure standard as specified by Sellafield
• Ensure all proposed changes to configuration in any of the DC/Comms facilities follow the approved Change Management process and are appropriately
• To support and comply with all ITSM process as defined by ISO (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Event Management etc.)
• To support any maintenance that is required within meeting rooms as defined across the Sellafield site and remote locations