Our major public sector client is currently recruiting for a Digital Delivery Manager, on a 6 month remote working contract, paying £550 P/D inside IR35 remote.
Role: Digital Delivery Manager
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Remote – Possibly visit the office in London
Rate: Up to £550 a day Umbrella
Oversee and manage a team of Agile Delivery Managers. Providing guidance, mentoring and training in agile delivery across the team. Manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team. Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning _ iterating frequently. Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process. Work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories. Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team. Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team. Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production). Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
• Provide delivery management to the book of work owned by the UEC Interoperability Team
• Provide scrum master skills into the Cross-Cutting sub directorate team
The UEC Interoperability team’s objectives for the next 12 months are:-
• Establish conformance process for suppliers implementing the UEC Connect standard and following the conformance approach. Upgrading the conformance tooling as UEC Connect is further developed.
• Deliver the four transform commissions which includes leading BA, TA, Clinical Safety Office, Technical Modelling and User Research activities. The current commissions include 999 to 111 Case Transfer (Beta), Post Event Messaging (Alpha & Beta), Patient Extended History (potentially Alpha & Beta for first of 6 use cases) and UEC Standards Roadmap with potential follow on for up to four Discoveries and other projects.
• Scope, mobilise and deliver interoperability change projects as required.
• Maintain an interoperability centre of expertise within UEC in order to provide an interoperability supporting service for Commissioner, UEC Teams, Suppliers and Providers.
• As directed by DUEC and as a UEC interoperability run/maintain team take ownership of unmaintained standards across UEC. Create a product set for each, issues backlog and deliver a supporting service to consumers of these standards.
• Support delivery of improvements with interoperability across UEC to improve patient experience, and access of information for clinicians to improve overall efficiency.
Additionally the UEC cross cutting team’s objectives for the next 12 months include:-
• Effective tracking of progress with the overall book of work across the sub-directorate
• Excellent relationship with product leads across all UEC delivery areas; resolving conflict, unblocking issues and ensuring excellence in the adherence to the Agile and GDS ways of working
• Orchestration of the various areas of delivery for a coherent presentation to our commissioners and to the relevant board forums
• Effective benefits management; including benefit assurance activities for benefits previously baselined
• Effective Implementation and Business Change support to each UEC product area
• Being an exemplar for Agile ceremonies and Agile ways of working
• Setting up a governance that facilitates the illustration of achievements, the demonstration of value added and that gets process started for new requests received from our commissioners
• Building and managing the relationship with our commissioner; facilitating dialogue and joint working
Urgent/ emergency care background
Experience of Agile delivery
Patience, tenacity. The ability to identify issues and resolve them.
Security Clearance: full BPSS, if successful
CV Deadline: 26/08/2021 – 16:00
Interview Process: Remote interviews via MS Teams