Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Digital Content Designer, on a remote contract, paying £450 P/D inside IR35 remote.
Role: Digital Content Designer
Digital/Non Digital: Digital
Contracting Authority: UKRI
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Remote (potential travel 1-2 a months if at all)
Pay Rate to Candidate: £450pd
As a Content Designer, you will work as part of an in-house content design team to create and update content on the integrated UKRI website. You will work with subject matter experts to develop funding opportunity content, and evolve corporate content, taking ownership for ensuring it meets GDS standards.
You will collaborate with others in the team to help the team build into a centre of excellence. You will act as champion for certain workstreams to develop UKRI digital best practice, for example, content styles and patterns. This is an essential role in supporting the new expert website content design service for the development of web content based on user needs for the new site.
Your work will occasionally cross with the dedicated product team focussing on phase 2 of the project. When necessary, you will ensure there is a smooth transition of content from project to the integrated website
Technologies/systems used: • Wordpress
• Google docs
• Helpdesk system (browser)
• Email and slack
Core day to day duties: Working on critical content for users
User focused design content
Developing web content
Managing your own workload
Proofreading and copywriting across multiple platforms
Key skills: Essential:
● Experience of drafting and editing content for digital services to meet user needs
● You will have worked on developing web content for online communications
● Managing your own workload in a rapidly changing environment
● A solid background of working with stakeholders to collaborate on developing content
● Clear experience of working with branding, house style and tone of voice.
● Extensive copywriting, editing and proofreading experience across all formats including print and online publications and web content
You will have strong editorial skills and are able to simplify complex content.
● User centred content design: you will be able to demonstrate that you understand what is involved in designing content to meet user needs
● You will be able to work autonomously and create effective content for digital channels.
● User focus: you will understand users, identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence.
● Stakeholder management: you will have proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships.
● You can keep a calm head under pressure with a solution approach to solving challenges
● You are flexible and innovative
● You are a team player and have strong interpersonal skills
● You have an excellent attention to detail.
Experience of handling difficult conversations
● You are self-aware and have a high level of professionalism in anything you create.