This contract with our central government client is for a Design Manager for 12 months. The role is located in Weybridge and requires presence onsite for 4 days per week. The pay rate is £850 (Umbrella) / £629.90 (PAYE)
• Managing the commissioning, delivery and management of a design technical assurance commissions, agreeing procurement requirements, ensuring effective and quality delivery, including financial and performance reporting against budget.
• Responsible for the engineering assurance of the design, installation, commissioning and proof running of all Technical Services capital projects.
• Assessing and reporting on bio-safety and engineering compliance and assessed risk, with responsibility to ensure the Engineering Risk Register is maintained and controls are implemented. Bio-containment experience for this role is essential.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of site engineering standards and processes, aligned with industry best practice, ensuring that all new assets are installed in accordance with statutory compliance and deliver reliability of operation.
• Intelligent Client Function to assess and review engineering solutions proposed and delivered by Capital Program, ensuring all proposals are fit for purpose, compliant with industry standards and deliver best practice for the business.
• Leading the engineering working group, setting team standards and making decisions about future design strategies