- Deadline: 05.03.2024
This contract with our central government client is for a Design Engineer for 18 months. The role is located in Reading however is mostly remote working with occasional visits to site when needed. The pay rate is £39.99ph UMB/LTD / £29.77ph PAYE
- Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
- Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
- Pressure vessel & equipment from first principles
- Highly regulated industry background
- Clear understanding of fundamental – stress/strain/plastic analysis