This contract with our central government client is for a Deputy Director of Asset Management for 12 months. This role can be based in any of their locations including Newcastle upon Tyne, Leeds, Birmingham, London, Cardiff, Sheffield, Glasgow.
Leading the Asset Management Team, you will provide a strategic approach and foresight in developing and implementing strategies and policies, appraising options to support the company Estates portfolio strategy to support continued investment or disposal across a wide and varied portfolio, through the application or alignment to ISO 55001 and industry best practices. The objective is that this will result in an optimisation of the asset portfolio for the Department’s employees, customers and other stakeholders whilst at the same time maintaining the critical requirement of Statutory Compliance.
- Developing the Department’s approach to strategic asset management, including the development of a relevant Strategic Physical Asset Management Plan based on the portfolio strategy and plan, critical sites and ISO 55001
- Translating the Strategic Physical Asset Management Plan into detailed policy and processes.
- Defining the minimum expected standards for management of assets across the Estate and incorporating these requirements in the contractual obligations of the Integrator and Supply Chain members and any relevant, new procurements.
- Undertakes technical/engineering assessments of the CAFM data to determine poor performing sites/assets and interventions required, identifying such to internal stakeholders.
- Develop department’s strategy and systems to ensure that asset information is managed through its lifecycle to adhere to UK BIM ISO19650 requirements, and to develop department strategy and systems
- Overall responsibility for setting strategy and minimum requirements for effective Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), working closely with the FM supply chain.
- Oversee management of the monitoring and review of Planned Preventative Maintenance programs (PPM), improving the accuracy of data and reporting from partners.
- Overall responsibility of ensuring asset data compliance and driving continuous improvement to the asset register to ensure ongoing accuracy, working closely with the Integrator to ensure its systems capture the required data.
- Providing competent technical and engineering resources to investigate technical issues, support asset surveys, interpret findings and provide technical solutions.
- Leading the Asset Management team to deliver the Asset Management Strategy, in partnership with othercompany Estates stakeholders and supply chain partners, through the application or alignment to ISO 55001 and establishing compliance of assets across the Estate.
- Accountable for the development of the annual operating plan / budgets for Hard FM/Lifts, working closely with the Department’s Finance Business Partners to ensure robust and accurate financial management and reporting.
- Accountable for the appropriate performance metrics / KPIs to accurately reflect the desired capabilities and requirements related to the Hard FM/Lift suppliers, working closely with their Project teams, Service Delivery and Project H&S team to obtain operational insights.
- Identification of and the sharing of best practices associated with asset management across Government.
- Driving innovation, industry and Government best practice to strategically inform and positively steer continual improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the Sustainability team to implement the Departmental sustainability, carbon and water management plans through asset management sustainability initiatives to achieve GGC targets and the Governments 2050 Net Zero Carbon commitment. Influence key stake holders to drive improvements through the work across Estates, the wider company and supply chain partners.
- Regular liaison with supply chain partners in relation to asset management performance including projects, life cycle works and improvement programmes or initiatives.
- Represents the Estates directorate at senior management Board and Advisory Group meetings across our clients company, and externally with OGDs as required.
- Fosters the professional development of all Asset Management staff, being responsible for managing performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and wider team.
- Monitors and audits technical competency throughout the Department and through Supply Chain members and their sub-contractors, ensuring that technical/engineering decisions are made by the right people.
- Working with senior stakeholders across the Department at Ministerial, Director General and Director Level to provide advice, direction and assurance on all Estates issues.