Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Delivery Lead on a 6 month remote contract paying £600 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Delivery Lead
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 - UMBRELLA
Working within a defined portfolio of work, you will take accountability for the end to end delivery of specific Digital outcomes. You will lead a delivery team comprising civil servants, contractors and third parties to deliver value to the Trace or Contain business divisions. You will be a hands on leader, working closely with your team to understand and actively resolve challenges on a daily basis to ensure delivery to time, cost and quality expectations. You will ensure that your projects have a clear, agreed plan and budget, appropriate governance, and that scope, dependencies, risks and issues are actively managed.
Essential Skills/Qualifications –
• A strong track record of Digital Transformation in a large organisation.
• Senior-level experience of managing complex successful software development projects with a strong understanding of the full delivery lifecycle.
• Robust decision-making in a complex environment while delivering results at pace.
• Capable of driving delivery in a highly ambiguous environment.
• Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external business partners including effectively managing third party suppliers.
• Proven ability to understand business drivers, pressures, and value.
• Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills along with an ability to simplify and communicate complex issues at all levels.
• Fully conversant with different project methodologies (e.g. Prince 2, Agile) with experience in applying them appropriately in different contexts.
• Good working knowledge of budget management, business case development and procurement processes.
• Confident in using standard programme management tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel, Jira, Confluence.
• Strong relationship management: excellent communication and influencing skills – verbal and written – with the ability to liaise at all levels.
• Balance of both technical awareness and business acumen.
• Ability to manage in an ambiguous environment, clarifying strategies and plans, giving a sense of direction and purpose for self and team.
• A self-starter with the ability to drive change and overcome obstacles and resistance.
• Constructive and collaborative but with the ability to step in and take decisions in a timely manner to move the team forward.
• Excellent people management skills, able to engage and lead, with a passion for stretching and improving both teams and processes.
• Confident and convincing presentation skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work remotely within a team.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 5pm 10/05
Interview Process: 1 stage via Team