Our government client is looking for a Data Scientist for a 6 months contract at £600 inside IR35.
Role: Data Scientist
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Fully Remote
Pay Rate to Candidate Umb £600 day
The Data team is a Data Science team co-located with the development teams that are designing and delivering new features for the digital service.
We exist to support service design and delivery of the digital service. We use data and insights to support the programme’s main objectives, championing data-based decision making to improve outcomes for claimants. Our primary stakeholders include the design & build teams, and portfolio teams that comprise of and support the programme. Data Scientists are aligned to a specific team, and work collaboratively with colleagues from a range of different digital professions to advocate for the use of data.
The work in this area is our “business as usual” activity, typified by the product development requests that are commissioned by our primary stakeholders, covering feature prioritisation, hypothesis testing, trial and feature evaluation and success measures.
• Capable of tackling problems that are often loosely defined, with a passion and curiosity to ask great questions to truly understand what’s going on, and experience translating analysis into actionable recommendations.
• Good stakeholder management skills and experience working with stakeholders across all grades to deliver results.
• Good written and verbal communicator with the ability to present complex ideas in a compelling way to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to manage work with changing user needs.
• Python• R
• Experience working with large or complex data sets including:
o identifying and gathering disparate data,
o extensive data manipulation,
o iteration of analytical techniques
o and visualisation of the results.
• An understanding of and experience working with UCFS datasets is beneficial but not essential.
Security Clearance: SC Clearance but happy to take BPSS candidates willing to go through the SC clearance procedures