Contract Length: 4 months Ext TBC
Location: remote with some travel to Swindon
IR35: in scope
Data Quality Consultant
UKRI works in partnership with universities, research organisations, businesses, charities and government to create the best possible environment for research and innovation to thrive.
We seek to improve the contribution of each of our parts, working individually and collectively with our partners to benefit everyone through knowledge, talent and ideas.
UKRI’s Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) function provides direction and leadership across digital, data and technology areas, delivering services directly or through its suppliers and strategic partners. Our purpose is to enable the business to deliver UKRI's corporate strategy and objectives by providing appropriate services.
We currently have a vacancy for a Data Quality Consultant with experience of data profiling to join us to work in our data programme, working within our data services team and DataBank project.
As a Data Quality Consultant, you will be working in the newly formed central data management team and have practical experience of profiling data, measuring and improve data quality. You will have experience of working with data quality tools (ideally Talend). You will be responsible for helping define the core capabilities for data quality, designing and developing the citizen and central data quality & profiling services and processes that the data management function will provide. You will have good knowledge of data governance, communication skills and experience of working with data stewards and helping them understand the benefits of data quality improvement.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Your main day-to-day responsibilities will be to:
• Work within the Databank team and UKRI data stewards to help promote and support the improvement of data quality.
• Develop proficiency in the Talend tool set.
• Carry out data profiling and data quality assessments
• Design and document services and process that help improve data quality
• Define patterns and regular expressions for Data Quality improvement
• Present information from profiling and quality assessments in an easy and understandable
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list, and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider directorate, commensurate with the Band and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
You will be an experienced data quality consultant with previous hands-on use of data quality tools. You will be familiar with data quality frameworks and have worked on projects that have implemented them and will have helped develop them. You will be comfortable talking to data architects about data architecture and metadata as well as data engineers and business users.
• Practical experience on more than one data quality project
• Good knowledge of data quality and frameworks
• Self-starter: Is able to plan own work and meet deadlines
• Agile working: You have experience of working in agile environments.
• Communication skills: Able to communicate clear both verbally and written
• Community collaboration: You know how to work collaboratively within a group, using your initiative to identify problems, vary feedback and resolve conflicts.
Degree level or equivalent skills and experience.