Our government client is currently looking for a Data Engineer for a 3 months contract at £600 inside IR35.
Role: Data Engineer
Contract Length: 31/03/2022
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 PER DAY UMBRELLA
Security Clearance: BPSS Clearance
Interview Process: TBC Via Teams
This concise job description targets the recruitment of Data Engineers who will be fulfilling activities relating to the Data Analytics and Reporting platform (EDGE) including the data operations (platform, pipeline, tool and script optimisation) the ingestion of new datasets, the provision of data into raw and curated marts for consumption by analytics and data science teams.
• Perform Data Operations activities including automation of data pipeline and data egress monitoring, quality assurance controls, raising/resolving technical incidents across the EDGE team and with other departments. Plus arranging ad-hoc data loads.
• Conduct technical maintenance and delivering enhancements/optimisation to the platform, data pipelines, tools and scripts.
• Engage with users, resolving incidents and clarifying user requirements for confirmed incident and change priorities.
• Develop, build and test technical solutions (data and capabilities) adhering to Technical release standards.
• Operate activities independently, and as a functional team member or as a member of a Feature Team to confirm requirements, define, build and test solutions, with handover into operate mode.
• Able to quickly gain deep knowledge of the infrastructure, platform, tools and data in support of activities, team and EDGE users
• Passionate about data and creating data assets and capability.
• Able to operate in a fast changing and dynamic environment.
• Experience in operating with large volumes of data and quickly changing data on cloud infrastructure (ideally MS Azure).
• Strong collaborator with other data engineering teams to implement data engineering changes and improvement.
• Key technical skills: Python, Microsoft Azure SQL, Microsoft Azure Data Bricks, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Data Factory.
• At least 5 years experience with MSC Azure and Data Factory.
• Security Clearance required, or initial joining with BPSS and security clearance initiated, noting failure to pass security clearance will lead to the role being invoked.