Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Data Engineer on a 6 month remote working contract paying £600 P/D Inside IR35 Remote.
Role: Data Engineer
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: WFH- Remote
Pay Rate to Candidate: Up to £600 per day
Length – 6 months
Location – Working from home
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: Midday Tuesday 1st June
There are six vacancies requiring the following activities to be performed and responsibilities:
• Perform Data Operations activities including automation of data pipeline and data egress monitoring, quality assurance controls, raising/resolving technical incidents across the EDGE team and with other departments. Plus arranging ad-hoc data loads.
• Conduct technical maintenance and delivering enhancements/optimisation to the platform, data pipelines, tools and scripts.
• Engage with users, resolving incidents and clarifying user requirements for confirmed incident and change priorities.
• Develop, build and test technical solutions (data and capabilities) adhering to Technical release standards.
• Operate activities independently, and as a functional team member or as a member of a Feature Team to confirm requirements, define, build and test solutions, with handover into operate mode.
• Able to quickly gain deep knowledge of the infrastructure, platform, tools and data in support of activities, team and EDGE users
• Passionate about data and creating data assets and capability.
• Able to operate in a fast changing and dynamic environment.
• Experience in operating with large volumes of data and quickly changing data on cloud infrastructure (ideally MS Azure).
• Strong collaborator with other data engineering teams to implement data engineering changes and improvement.
• Key technical skills: Python, Microsoft Azure SQL, Microsoft Azure Data Bricks, Microsoft Power BI.
• Security Clearance required, or initial joining with BPSS and security clearance initiated, noting failure to pass security clearance will lead to the role being invoked.