Our public sector client are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 6 MONTHS
Pay Rate to Candidate: £400 PER DAY
CV Deadline: Tuesday 30/04/2021
You will work in the Product Delivery Team, developing data pipelines to support data science and visualisation products for a variety of stakeholders.
You will develop and maintain the technology infrastructure that is integrating new and existing sources of data into JBC analytical processes and workflows, so that it can be exploited with maximum efficiency and efficacy. Skills required include: data engineering, data architecture, data analysis, security architecture, data wrangling, and devops.
• Programming and build - You can design, write and iterate code from prototype to production-ready. You understand security, accessibility and version control. You can use a range of coding tools and languages.
• Technical understanding - You know about the specific technologies that underpin your ability to deliver the responsibilities and tasks of the role. You can apply the required breadth and depth of technical knowledge.
• Testing - You can plan, design, manage, execute and report tests, using appropriate tools and techniques, and work within regulations. You know how to ensure that risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented
• Problem resolution - You know how to log, analyse and manage problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution. You can ensure that the problem is fixed.
Essential skills / experience / knowledge:
• Strong at python, unit testing (pytest) and pep8 standards
• Writing robust data pipeline code that can run unattended
• Pandas data validation, manipulation, merging, joining and at times visualisation
• Unix environment, server health and management of ongoing running processes
• Github, git, pull requests, CI and code review
• Logging and reporting pragmatically
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve numerical and technical problems
• High attention to detail
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills evidenced through verbal and written means to a wide range of stakeholders
• Experience with Agile delivery
• Educated to degree level, ideally in a numerate or technical discipline