Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Cyber Security CSOC Analyst, on a 3 month remote contract paying £800 P/D inside IR35.
Role: Cyber Security CSOC Analyst
Contract Length: until 30/09/2021
Location: Remote / WFH
Rate – up to £800-Umbrella Rate
Cyber Security Analyst role sits within the CSOC (Cyber Security Operations Centre) and you will provide technical expertise by undertaking the analysis of complex data that is generated from our Network Threat Intelligence Platforms, SIEM or supplemental reports. You will perform a front-line protection role, actively safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and its data
• To assist the Head of the CSOC and wider ICT Security Team in providing a high level of cyber security assurance to the organisation and onward assurance to other government departments, agencies and commercial organisations as required.
• Perform in-depth analysis of evidence, identify malicious operations and evaluate the real impact solving sensitive security incidents in a quick and efficient manner.
• Developing cases for the creation of alert models and undertaking the management and fine tuning of alert models in our threat monitoring platforms with view to onward reporting.
• Undertake responsibility for the continuous improvement process of Cyber Security related policies and operating procedures across the wider ICT department.
• Contribute to formalising incident response processes and strategies in Security operations
• Ensure that tools and technologies used in the CSOC are utilized to their full potential and assist the head of CSOC in implementing further enhancements and new capabilities as technology evolves
• Provide additional horizon scanning capability for new and emerging Cyber threats, utilising current Threat Intelligence Platform technologies, further developing and documenting security monitoring processes and procedures.
• Undertake rapid analysis of third party security reports and liaise with others in wider ICT to facilitate the removal of legacy assets and vulnerable assets to mitigate cyber risk.
• Coordinate / undertake install / Maintain security systems / Monitor that may include for example:
o Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system;
o Security related software updates;
o Configuration and application whitelisting;
o Anti-virus and IDS, IPS technology;
o Encryption systems;
o Diagnostics and monitoring systems;
1) Substantive experience gained from a ICT Security (SOC analyst / CSOC ) analyst role that also demonstrates relevant experience and excellent cyber awareness
2) Experience that is backed up by solid operational knowledge of working with Threat Intelligent Platform(s), SIEM appliances or Intelligence feeds that have been acquired in large organisations.
3) Experience of working with large LANs and Cloud environments, preferably with experience of AWS/Azure .
4) Good knowledge of networking protocols, particularly TCP/IP.
5) Experience of developing strategic plans, security operation protocols and implementation strategies for ICT infrastructure.
Nice to have
• Current SC clearance
• Public sector/ central Government experience
Security Clearance: full BPSS, if successful
CV Deadline: COB Friday 2nd July
Interview Process: Remote interviews via MS teams”