Course Design Manager
Quote ref: 990034/70883
This contract with our defence client is for a Course Design Manager for 7 months with a possibility for extension. The role is located in Chippenham, there is a possibility to go remote after some time. Occasional travel to Warminster will be required. The pay rate is £450 umbrella per day.
This role is vital to the effective management and control of training design output. The main job holder activities are detailed below; however, it is anticipated that ongoing and future change initiatives may require existing tasks to be developed and improved, or new tasks added to the role that enable the successful achievement of future strategic business plans. The key tasks and responsibilities of the Department are as follows:
• Review and acceptance of Formal Training Statements.
• Set and articulate leadership and engineering management training course requirements, parameters, and outputs.
• Manage the design of efficient, JSP 822 Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) aligned course content and training programmes which meet training objectives.
• Engage with external awarding bodies, identification of achievable appropriate accredited qualifications mapped to training.
• Engage with training staff to review, re-design and modernise REME / RAF leadership training, collaborate on the production of blended learning solutions.
• In collaboration with Learning Technologies and Media teams identify and implement opportunities for energising training and exploit delivery opportunities on a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
• Monitoring, custodianship, maintenance and configuration control of the Course Training Packages held on SharePoint and VLE.
• Representing DSEME at key partner meetings.
• Participation in the evaluation, audit and monitoring of training activities led by the DSEME Training Assurance department.
- Training background – civilian education or military
- Stakeholder Engagement experience
- Any qualifications in leadership and management
- Level 4 /5 Engineering Qualifications
- Extensive experience in a mechanical / mechatronic engineering trade / specialism
- Course design experience
- Experience as an engineering hand skills, metalworking, fabrication workshop trainer