Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Content Design Lead on a 6 month remote contract paying £600 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Content Design Lead
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600
What You’ll Do
● identify and build strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects, influencing and collaborating with them to improve content quality.
● Be the gatekeeper for all content requests coming into the team - applying rigour to the acceptance and prioritisation.
● create and improve user-centred content efficiently and to a high standard.
● use analytics data, user feedback and user research to identify the needs of users, map user journeys and inform content strategy.
● manage Content Designers, quality checking their outputs and methodologies.
● review and provide direction on the work of other content designers and experts from other disciplines.
● manage relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice.
● work with service designers and product owners to ensure content supports effective delivery of the service
● contribute to guidance for government, including content principles and patterns.
● contribute to the cross-government and GDS content design community.
● help colleagues and stakeholders from other disciplines understand what content design is, why it’s important and how to work with content designers.
● Work closely with the project team to map out user needs, translate them into user stories and propose design approaches or services to satisfy requirements. Engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users.
● Design content, implementing the appropriate style and standards, to meet user needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand.
● Ensure appropriate content is shown to a user in the right place and in the best format.
● Ensuring all content assets are user-focused, accurate, optimised appropriately (e.g. for search), and meet relevant design, style and accessibility guidelines
Who you are
We’re interested in people with skills in:
● creating, improving, publishing and managing high-quality, user-centred content
● making complex language and processes easy to understand
● giving direction on which tools or methods to use and experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels, offering insight and expertise in how user needs change over time
● using analytics, user feedback and user research to evaluate and improve content
● building relationships with stakeholders to understand their goals and working with them to improve user journeys and content quality
● managing multiple projects and adapting to changing priorities and deadlines
● providing feedback to and mentoring others to make sure they’re delivering quality work
● working on the development and implementation of content strategy
● reviewing and improving processes and working with content publishing systems
● directing the strategic approach for stakeholder relationships, establishing and promoting the meeting of stakeholder objectives. You’ve influenced senior stakeholders and provided arbitration functions
● agile working. You’re a recognised expert and advocate of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes, helping team to continuously improve