Role: Content Design Lead
Contract Length: 6 months – urgent start
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 pd umbrella
● identify and build strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects, influencing and collaborating with them to improve content quality.
● Be the gatekeeper for all content requests coming into the team - applying rigour to the acceptance and prioritisation.
● create and improve user-centred content efficiently and to a high standard.
● use analytics data, user feedback and user research to identify the needs of users, map user journeys and inform content strategy.
● manage Content Designers, quality checking their outputs and methodologies.
● work with service designers and product owners to ensure content supports effective delivery of the service
● contribute to guidance for government, including content principles and patterns.
● contribute to the cross-government and GDS content design community.
● Work closely with the project team to map out user needs, translate them into user stories and propose design approaches or services to satisfy requirements. Engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users.
● Design content, implementing the appropriate style and standards, to meet user needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand.
● Ensuring all content assets are user-focused, accurate, optimised appropriately (e.g. for search), and meet relevant design, style and accessibility guidelines
Significant experience of content design within a government setting.
● Experience of GDS methods, GOV.UK and NHS design patterns
● Experience of working in agile teams and leading on agile ceremonies.
● Experience with working with constraints and ability to identify, challenge, and adhere to them.
● Strong knowledge of best practices in content design and user experience design, and the ability to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely outputs.
● Ability to adapt to different audiences. The role requires understanding both business and technical needs and interpreting them in a concise and clear manner that would be easily understood by both audiences.
● Ability to manage and influence stakeholders and contribute to improving these relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
● Ability to use prototyping techniques and methods and can show the value of prototyping to relevant teams
● Adept at providing simple, clear content to communicate complex issues
● Confident communicator: able to persuade; negotiate; influence; network; and work with stakeholders
● Ability to get to the heart of an issue quickly and clearly, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
● Knowledge of agile ways of working and user-centred content design
● Experience scoping, commissioning and editing content
● Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
● Experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
Security Clearance: BPSS Basic
CV Deadline: Midday - Monday 26th April
Interview Process: online
Please note if the CV deadline is amended (and it may if there are enough applicants) you will be given 1 hours’ notice before the role is halted/closed.
Please email me if you have any questions on: firstname.lastname@example.org