Our government client is currently looking for a Communication manager for a 5 months contract at £550pd inside IR35.
Role: Communication manager
Contract Length: 100 day initial contract (5 months)
Location: No Restrictions on Location - When restrictions are eased will be able to work from local office when needed (Hybrid)
Pay Rate to Candidate: £550/day
Purpose of role is to help identify and implement ways for customers to self-serve and decongest call centre phone lines/reduce waiting times. Prior experience in channel shift optimisation is essential.
As part of the department’s Service Modernisation Plan, the department is introducing new routes for customers to engage with the department that are more intuitive, quicker and less resource intensive.
The Customer Optimisation Managers will directly support this work in managing the uptake of digital channels for our customers, moving us away from resource intensive and more manually intensive transactional processes to digitally enabled contact and self-service processes.
This work is all about providing elements of ‘nudge’ and incentive to move customers onto new digital methodology with the objective of maximising the number of customers using any new channel launched and giving operational delivery areas the tools, background and expertise to make best use of these new channels.
The Customer Optimisation Managers will drive the departmental approach to moving onto the new routes for customer engagement, working with departmental product lines to set the structures, approach, and implementation of channel shift. They will also work with product lines to provide the necessary upskilling, toolkits, and industry experience to conduct future channel shift activity where required.
The responsibilities of this role may include but are not exclusive to:
• Establish and deliver the strategy to transition customers from face-to-face/telephony channels to new digital communication channels.
• Review and document customer touch points, medium and interactions including customer journeys, communications, and processes.
• Identify and prioritise channel shift optimisations to customer journeys and touch points.
• Identify and prioritise potential channel shift optimisation to internal ways of working and operational efficiencies.
• Working with departmental product lines to develop the necessary plans, communication materials and evaluation metrics to introduce the required channel shift for our most labour intensive and contact-heavy processes.
• Supporting the production of core materials for our customers, ensuring that channel shift is undertaken in a consistent and sustainable manner, that still enables contact for outlying customer groups.
• Working with product lines to upskill and create template materials for future channel shift activity, ensuring the sustainability of any organisational change.
• Guide the roadmap of channel shift improvements with key stakeholders across the department, recording progress and results.
To support us in this critical work the department is looking for individuals who are:
• Passionate about customer-centric user experience.
• Excellent interpersonal communicators with the ability to build strong working relationships.
• Methodical with an excellent eye for detail, accuracy, and consistency.
• Highly organised with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
• Proactive, taking initiative and embracing opportunities to suggest new ways of improving processes and engaging customers.
• Understanding of audiences, and able to tailor content and messaging for various channels.
• Team players, with the autonomy to manage own schedule and responsibilities.
• Able to take feedback on board and offer and implement solutions.
• Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Confident in managing a range of stakeholders at all levels of seniority.