This contract with our central government client is for a Commercial manager for 13 months. The role is remote with some travel to Leeds or Manchester once every 3 months.
Reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager, the post holder will be responsible for leading on commercial procurement activity for the Prisoner Education Services. Overall Prisoner Education Services (PES) are worth @ £150m per annum, these roles are for the delivery of two work streams Core Education and Careers Information and Guidance (CIAG). The PES programme is an exciting and innovative change programme with significant benefits to Society. These procurements will support prisoner rehabilitation and reduction in reoffending by enabling prisoners leaving custody to increase learning and skills to gain employment.
The work activity for this role includes the following:
• Supporting the program to define their requirements including a detailed specification, clear technical requirements and quality thresholds, development of effective KPIs/SLAs to measure performance, supporting the capture and maintenance of sufficient data on assets and services to nurture and optimise the marketplace enabling effective bid submissions.
• Preparing and leading on a range of market engagement activity, including presentation materials, question and answer capture at Supplier Webinars, 121 meetings, analysis of supplier feedback and strategic recommendations.
• Strategy development at contract level, using business acumen and market insight to drive commercial opportunities to deliver continuous improvement, value for money and/or savings.
• To support activities and governance to enable business case approvals.
• Analysing market, spend and performance data and presenting this to support commercial activity.
To support and lead on Procurement activity, including responding to Clarification Questions, supporting evaluation and moderation and preparing award reports
• Ensure Commercial compliance with Cabinet Office guidance and new legislative requirements.
• Contribute to identify and manage risk for the Authority, including developing and implementing mitigation strategies.
• Provide a professional commercial service to stakeholders, operating at all times as an ambassador within the Commercial Department and the wider commercial profession.
• Comply with all Departmental controls relating to commercial practice and otherwise, including strict adherence to delegated authorities, and ensure that staff do the same.
• To develop and lead Commercial tender activity on the Jaggaer/Bravo eProcurement platform.