Our Rail client is currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager, on a 6 month initial contract, paying £450 P/D Inside IR35.
Role: Commercial Manager
Contract Length: 6 months – possible extension to 12 months
Location: London, 2 days per week in office but may rise
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £450 inside IR35
1. Support the programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of compliance with Network Rail Corporate governance and rules in a timely manner.
2. Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the Network Rail reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
3. Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager and/or Programme Manager (functional reporting line) and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
4. Manage assessment and valuation of contractor’s applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with Network Rail processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement. Challenge cost elements, audit where appropriate and make sure valuations are consistent with agreed site progress.
5. Provide pro-active advice and guidance to Project Managers on all change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action in accordance with Network Rail change control systems and produce all required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority, including comparative estimates where required, in a timely manner.
6. Produce applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
7. Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
8. Provide of ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision-making.
9. Produce appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions. Make sure commercial records are retained and archived properly upon close out.
10. Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation to project close-out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales.
Commercial Manager x 1 –
Min 5 years experience as comm mgr
Knowledge of NEC contracts
Rail – essential
Good negotiation skills
Relevant degree or professional qualification of desirable
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 20th September 2021 at 2pm
Interview Process: via MS teams