Our Public sector client is currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager, on a 6 month contract basis paying £500 P/D Inside IR35. Remote working with Occasion Travel.
6 Month Contract
(Remote Working with occasional travel)
£500 P/D Inside
As a Commercial Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
• Assessing the existing commercial landscape and looking at the impact on programme delivery.
• Designing and implementing approaches which ensure effective delivery of the right outcome for the department.
• Leading on supplier integration with regards to relationship and cost impact upon the department.
• Clarifying the ability to terminate current contracts, working with programme finance leads to understand impact and realisation of any potential benefits.
• The ability to renegotiate existing contracts.
• Managing the impact of existing commercial financial models.
• Acting as primary point of contact between the incumbent supplier(s) and the department.
You will also have the following skills/qualifications:
• Business acumen (strong)
• Knowledge of supplier relationship and industry engagement activities
• Knowledge of IT, Digital and Technology
• Knowledge of category management approaches, tools and techniques
• Understanding of financial analysis
• Understanding of commercial technology & analysis of data sets to manipulate and deliver MI and reporting
• Procurement experience
• Large Tender experience
• MCIPS accreditation or evidence of equivalent level of experience
• Evidence of specialist knowledge over a number of disciplines and commercial practices and procedures
Commercial expertise is required to:
• Developing and implementing commercial strategies across a range of complex requirements.
• Delivering end to end procurements in a complex commercial landscape including call-off competitions via Crown Commercial Service and other organisations, in accordance with best practice, policy and legislation.
• Constructing commercial documentation including invitation to tenders, notices, evaluation strategies, successful/unsuccessful letters, Contracts etc.
• Experience of using an e-tendering system (NHS Digital use Atamis).
• Experience of public sector procurement, supplier and internal stakeholder engagement and management.
• Experience of delivering cashable savings into the public sector.