Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Manager, remote paying £800 p/d inside.
Role: Senior Procurement Manager
Contract Length: 30/09/2021
Pay Rate to Candidate: £800 per day
● Creating, maintaining and utilising strong personal working relationships with suppliers, internal customers and other category experts across the public and private sector;
● Understanding public sector needs, and combining them with deep market insights, commercial acumen and creativity to shape thinking and deliver innovative category strategies and product propositions (demonstrating synergies and benefits)
Collaborate with suppliers, customers and colleagues to:
● Use your strong communication and influencing skills to proactively build strong relationships of influence with customers and suppliers, and develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of categories and markets acting as a source of expert insight and advice for the public sector;
● Use your good awareness and understanding of commercial marketplaces and strategic category management to create best-in-class category strategies addressing the future trajectory of the categories;
● Enjoy creating innovative product and sourcing strategies (including structure, specification/statement of requirements, key performance indicators and pricing models) that enable markets to deliver customer and supplier needs, outstanding customer service, savings, optimisations, and demand management opportunities;
Additionally, you will:
● Have the opportunity to forge new category areas;
● Coach and develop colleagues, enhancing individuals hard and soft skills, team effectiveness, and organisational learning and commercial acumen; and
● Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Commercial Organisation. Public sector procurement experience. Knowledge of applicable regulations. Understanding of compliant routes to market. Ability to engage stakeholders at senior levels and manage expectations. Ability to develop and manage category strategies. Ability to work under pressure and at pace. Proven leadership skills across a diverse team
● Has utilised excellent communication and consultative selling skills to building strong relationships with senior strategic relationships including stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
● Led, managed and coached teams and individuals
● Managed categories independently:
o Developed innovative category, product and sourcing strategies demonstrating unrelenting focus on customer service and deep market insight;
o Moved comfortably between big picture strategy and operational detail, innovating to create ways of overcoming problems and deliver positive outcomes and solutions exceeding customer expectations (including savings and other benefits); and
o Practical project management experience, including creating and leading implementation plans and risk management.
● Delivered Strategic Supplier Management enhancing category and supplier performance.
● Knowledge of categories.
● Public sector procurement experience
● Knowledge of applicable regulations
● Understanding of compliant routes to market
● Seeing the bigger picture.
● Collaboration and partnering.
● Leading and Communicating.
● Achieve Commercial Outcomes.
● Managing a Quality Service.
● Deliver at Pace. Ability to hold contractual delegation. CIPS certification.