Our government client are currently looking for a Commercial Finance Business Partner to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 31st March 2022
Location: Can be located within UK with some travel to Sheffield office including the need to stay overnight for several days at a time during the duration of the contract.
IR35: Inside IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: SEO £435/day G7 £525/day
CV Deadline: 12/11/2021 @4pm
• Working for a Central Government department’s Commercial Procurement team which purchases services from large outsourcing providers like Serco, Capita and G4S as well as smaller suppliers. A number of Procurement decisions (several £100m worth) are to be made in the coming months leading to this requirement.
• Role holders will work in a Commercial Finance team and partner with Procurement and Commercial colleagues who develop procurement strategies including developing payment models, inviting tenders, evaluating supplier bids and negotiating with suppliers.
• Specifically the role holders will also be required to attend face to face supplier negotiations (either physically or virtually) and support Lead Negotiators to ensure they fully understand the financial implications of any decisions being made and deals being signed.
• The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant or part-qualified with experience of working closely with Procurement professionals in the public or private sector in evaluating bids/tenders and being involved in live negotiations with suppliers.
• Equally candidates who have worked in bid teams and developed large tenders into the public or private sector would be welcome.
• Clearly demonstrate the required experience in either Procurement and/or tendering/bidding.
• The ability to quickly understand the financial implication during live negotiations and ability to convey this succinctly to non-Finance colleagues is a key skill required.
• There is no line management responsibility.
• Qualified accountant or part-qualified with significant experience in Procurement or bid/tenders. MBA would be considered if sufficiently experienced.
• Financial analysis skills and cost intelligence
• Experience in a Commercial Finance/Outsourcing environment
• Desirable - experience of leading large projects or high value procurement activity
• Understanding of financial accounts and analysis techniques
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment, to multi task and work across boundaries, demonstrating resilience.
• Excellent collaboration and partnering skills.