Our government client is currently looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Senior for 6 months contract at £600pd inside IR35.
Role: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Senior
Contract Length: 6 months (chances of extension)
Location: Remote (occasionally asked to go to Newport maybe once for a workshop)
Pay Rate to Candidate: £600 per day (umbrella)
Cloud and Enablement Cloud team- deal with requests for cloud engineers within multidisciplinary teams, delivering in sprints.
Currently a 1 cloud shop on Azure, looking to use the cloud engineers for pad services on Azure through code and devops principals and practises
Technologies/systems used: Azure
Azure integration stack- logic and function apps- API management- service bus
VMWare Log Insight
Core day to day duties: • Working in a cross-functional delivery team to utilise cloud technologies effectively.
• Working collaboratively with other specialist engineers to accelerate delivery.
• Applying a continuous improvement mindset and exploring innovation opportunities in cloud technologies, using a fail-fast approach.
• Applying agreed security standards to all work and ensuring required security requirements are achieved.
• Sharing knowledge and expertise to enable all members of the team to work in an automated, repeatable fashion.
• Creating and encouraging infrastructure-as-code as part of project delivery.
• Designing and implementing cloud governance strategies to ensure our cloud estate is effectively managed.
• Supporting and continual improvement of deployed cloud technologies.
• Integration of cloud solutions with new or existing logging and monitoring technologies.
• Provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to all managers and teams within IT.
• Drive your own self-development aligned with the organisations’ IT strategy
• Identify opportunities to develop more efficient business and IT solutions
• Pro-actively apply HMG IA technical security controls according to ISO 27001 & the Security Policy Framework (SPF)
• Experience with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
• Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code approaches to managing cloud resources specifically Terraform to a high standard
• Experience of testing in powershark
• Experience of working within agile teams for rapid delivery
• Understanding of security in cloud
• Understanding of appropriate governance for rapid delivery and support on cloud
• Experience with modern delivery models such as Scrum and Agile
• Experience of monitoring and logging tools such as Dynatrace, VMWare Log Insight, ELK stack
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
• Influencing, both inside an IT department, and across the organisation
• Understanding of DevOps principles and experience of working in a DevOps environment
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins
• Experience of working in an ITIL environment, including knowledge of ITSM processes
Strong Lynix skills
• Understanding of cloud networking and connectivity.