Our Government client is currently recruiting for a Capacity Modelling Run Team Analyst, on a contract basis paying £600 P/D inside IR35 remote.
The Testing Operations division is responsible for the day to day running of the national testing programme. Capacity management deliver modelling which provides forecasting for operational logistics planning purposes.
This post will be responsible for the managing the data collection, configuration. This model is a simulation model representing the end to end test site, logistics and laboratory infrastructure. The Run Team Lead Analyst, with support from analysts in the team, will produce timely management information to forecast the lab throughput, backlog and turnaround times.
Core objectives are to run the weekly model and reporting cycle, including collating data, refreshing assumptions, and producing analytical reports.
This role reports to the Capacity Modelling Team Leader.
• Deliver core operational capacity management function across the Testing Operations.
• Manage collation and processing of inputs to the testing operations capacity management model and forecasting tools, ensuring assumptions and inputs are up to date and reflect operational decisions.
• Process model output and use dashboarding to extract analytical value. Produce analytical products to enable operational capacity management decisions.
• Quality Assure critical model run process, both at the input and output stage.
• Model and run different supply, demand and logistics scenarios that could impact Testing Operations.
• Build strong relationships with development and technical support teams to pass requirements that will enable the capacity management model to continue to be sustained and improved.
• Be part of creating a high performing and supportive team. Opportunity to mentor other analysts.
Skills and Behaviours
The post holders will have excellent analytical skills and be able to work well with others. The post holder will be comfortable with using models, specifically this model is a simulation model run in python, however data pre-processing requires strong excel skills. The post holder will have experience in using data dashboarding to produce clear reports to answer operational questions.
We are looking for the following strengths and behaviours:
• Delivering at pace (Lead behaviour)
• Making effective decisions
• Maintaining a quality service
• Working together
• Ability to operate Excel to a high level of proficiency.
• Ability to use Data dashboarding and visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI).
• Ability to analyse and interpret complex data.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple data owners and analysis customers.
• Experience with VBA
• Experience with Python
• Experience with Simulation Models