Contract Length: 4 MONTHS 16/03/2022
Pay Rate to Candidate: 502.25 LTD/UMB 372.20 PAYE
As an experienced and skilled Portfolio/Programme Benefits Lead you will lead the benefits strategy, framework for delivery and standards for benefits management across the portfolio. This includes the identification, definition, evaluation, planning, tracking and realisation of all the business benefits related to the Transformation change initiatives.
You will be responsible for defining and managing a benefits strategy and framework across the Transformation portfolio, working closely with the Programme teams to implement the agreed standards and approach. You will be providing visible and effective leadership, develop a clear vision, aligned to the wider strategy and objectives and define and establish a set of standards for the end to end management of benefits in line with UK Strategic Commands Programme and Project Management (P3P) guidance “The Common Approach to Benefit Management “standards.
You will be comfortable in working across multiple and diverse programme teams, challenging key stakeholders in order to assure that the data provided is accurate and robust within the Transformational Portfolio. You will provide support to the Transformation Director and Programme Manager(s) to ensure a ‘fit for purpose’ approach to benefits measurement and realisation is defined and implemented for Transformation Portfolio to provide assurance that the benefits identified can be achieved through the associated change and transformational activities.
The principal roles & responsibilities included are in accordance with Programme and Project Management (P3P) Guidance – “The Common Approach to Benefit Management”:
• Develop a benefits management strategy that records the priorities, timescales and responsibilities for realisation of the benefits including tangible and intangible benefits; financial and non-financial benefit, and the methods by which the benefits will be monitored, tracked and assessed.
• Develop a benefits roadmap that records dependencies between benefits and outcomes across all programmes, associated with all Transformation Portfolio change initiatives.
• Develop a benefits realisation plan profiling how benefit realisation will be forecasted, from baseline to benefit realisation milestones. Monitor progress against the benefits realisation plan, including change control, risks to benefits realisation, and proposed mitigations to the Transformation Director/ Programme Manger where appropriate to maximise achievement of the planned benefits
• Benefits Mapping – to validate and test dependencies and interdependencies work across Transformation Portfolio to coordinate workshops, map benefits and ensure alignment to the benefits management strategy.
• Identify and engage with key stakeholders to ensure the portfolio programmes are an exemplar in identifying, understanding, owning and maximising benefits related to transformation activity that clear measures for tracking and monitoring of benefits are defined and agreed to enhance and improve benefits management best practice.
• Work closely with Finance and Business Change owners to ensure that benefits are effectively realised in line with existing business processes.
• Identify and manage risks, issues and dependencies for benefits management and realisation.
• Lead and provide assurance on all benefits management activity with programmes and workstreams, championing P3P best practice
• Lead on the development of non-financial benefits best practice including quantification and measurement, support ongoing organisational growth in benefits management capability, helping embed it as part of the ‘the way we do things here’.
• Provide coaching and support to colleagues in respect to benefits management at all stages of the project lifecycle to improve overall capability levels across the programme and portfolio teams.
• Learning and Development. Take responsibility for the maintenance of mandatory training requirements; for identifying additional training of benefit to the role; and committing to a personal development plan in collaboration with your line manager.