Our Government client is currently recruiting for Test Automation engineers, on a 6 month remote contract paying £450 P/D inside IR35 remote for 6 months.
Role: Test Automation Engineer
Contract Length: 6 months
IR35: INSIDE IR35
Pay Rate to Candidate: £450UMBRELLA
As a Test Automation Engineer your main responsibilities would be:
• Providing practical testing expertise, particularly in test automation, within the team
• Producing the test automation framework and creating and maintaining robust and efficient automated test packs
• Assuring the quality of the product being delivered and escalating significant concerns, issues or risks in a timely manner.
• Leading on test activities within the team, working collaboratively with developers to support a continuous deployment environment.
As a Test automation engineer You’ll have relevant experience in:
• Must have Experience of Ruby for automation testing
• Analysing systems and documentation to create test cases
• Using automated testing tools e.g. cucumber and selenium
• Ruby for automation testing
• Leading test activities within a team
• Assessing the risk to quality.
Security Clearance: DBS/BPSS
CV Deadline: 26/07 @15:00
Interview Process: TEAMS
• Responsible for translating functional and non-functional requirements or user stories into documented and approved test plans and test cases
• Collaborates with project team members and business representatives
• Responsible for development and maintenance of test data, test scripts and test environments
• Refactor tests as necessary to ensure maintainability and consistency
• Reviews test environments and processes to facilitate continuous improvement and maintenance of quality standards
• Assists with defining estimates of effort, risk and issues
• Executes test plans during iterations / releases and provide regular updates on progress and quality
• Creates and maintains test documentation as required
• Record and track product defects, liaising with developers and Business Analyst for resolution.
• Works with the Test analyst and development team to produce a robust and comprehensive Quality Strategy tailored to each project
Help implement the quality strategy as part of the team
• Accountable throughout the complete test lifecycle for the correctness of their test scripts and data and for ensuring they are peer reviewing others for correctness
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of manual tests and for reviewing and running the automated scripts
• Create automated scripts where appropriate with support where needed
• Know and follow the principles of the development methodology chosen, ie Scrum, Kanban,