Our nuclear client are currently looking for an Area Engineering Manager to join their growing team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 1 year
Location: Cumbria majority with flex to work from home
Pay Rate to Candidate: £48 per hour PAYE / £63.10 Umb
Lead a design team in the past
Safety Case experience
Worked with supply chain
Decommission / demolition experience
Risk management experience
Security Clearance: SC, would take BPSS as backup
CV Deadline: 31st March 4pm
• Higher Education Qualification in Engineering, preferred MEng.
• Chartered Engineer.
• Minimum 7 years within the previous 10 years working in roles where knowledge of engineering was a key attribute. In addition, the last 5 years will have been working within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles where professional engineering judgement is the key attribute.
• Familiarity with CDM regulations and duties.
• Capable of meeting the requirements for a P4 pass.
• Experience of nuclear decommissioning projects.
• Experience of project delivery on the site.
• Monitored or Classified worker.
Input to engineering delivery strategies. Scope definition and specification. Identification and management of risks. Definition and co-ordination of product verification activities. Delivery of design solutions in line with legal and site licence requirements. Stakeholder engagement. Design resource strategy.
CDM – Pre-construction Information, Health & Safety File, Design Risk Assessment.
To undertake Area Engineering Management duties on projects as directed by the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) within the Remediation Beta/Gamma Programme.
To lead a team of multi-discipline engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of
Decommissioning projects, including oversight of supply chain delivery. To undertake elements of the Principal Designer role as directed by the PEM.