Accounts Assistant Purchase Ledger
Quote ref: 100578/74504
This contract with our government client is for a Accounts Assistant Purchase Ledger for a 12 or 24 month contract. The role is located in Carlisle.
To maintain the accounting of all daily financial transactions within purchase ledger. To ensure all suppliers are paid within the agreed credit limits set by the executive team and all payments have the relevant authorisations before submission. To support the budgets and forecasts for functional/departmental heads.
• To maintain the Purchase Ledger system in line with company practice. Ensuring information is accurate and correct with the PO systems and the relevant authorisations. Also ensuring all suppliers are paid within agreed credit terms.
• Maintain supplier statements and check against supplier records.
• To record all T/S expenditure ensuring accurate cost coding and payments to employees.
• To record credit card expenditure ensuring all costs are accurately recorded.
• Accurate recording of all VAT charges in line with the HMRC government legislation.
• Interface with internal and external contacts dealing with all invoices and payment queries.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts ensuring all costs are recorded in an accurate and timely manner and be responsible for the reconciliation of the creditors control and invoice accruals to be incorporated into the financial statements.
• Liaise with department managers on a monthly/quarterly basis to monitor and revise the department/company budgets and forecasts.
• Assist in the company’s financial audits liaising with the external auditors to ensure accurate information is given in a timely manner.
• Continuously seek to embed NTS cultural principles of freedom, helpfulness, and drive in all that they do
• Live the following guiding culture principles:
o Freedom – will create an environment where their people have the freedom to perform
o Helpfulness – will work together to help each other and their customers
o Drive – be confident, curious, and innovative
• Provide ad-hoc support to the accounting team during month end processes including journal entry and transactional analysis.
• AAT Qualified or working towards AAT status – E
• Experience of working with Sage - D
• Experience of working within purchase ledger systems - E
• Experience of working with spreadsheets - E
• Experience of working with Auditors – D
• Relevant financial experience in Accounts Payable management essential together with some basic financial training/qualifications as a minimum - E
• Knowledge of accounting systems and double entry book-keeping - E
• Knowledge of the rail / nuclear industry - D
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent administration skills - E
• Has good communication and organisational skills
• Shows a customer focussed approach to work with effective interpersonal skills - E
• Has the ability to maintain high degrees of confidentiality – E
• Manage own workload, including time and deadline management. - E
• Manage own performance including self-development - E
• Manage health and wellbeing - E
• Undertake other activities commensurate with their skills and experience as and when required - E