Senior/Principal/Chief Geotechnical Engineer
- Deadline: 21.02.2024
This role is for a major design, engineering and project management consultancy, who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. This role is an opportunity for experienced Senior, Principal and Chief Geotechnical Engineers with strong technical credentials and particular focus in advanced geotechnical analysis and offshore geotechnics to support our Client's increasing workload in the UK and globally. This job is located in London with additional locations including Bristol, Epsom, Glasgow. Flexible working is supported.
We are looking for a range of staff who will take on either the Senior, Principal or Chief Geotechnical Engineering roles in our Client's Ground Engineering business. This role is looking for staff who can lead complex geotechnical projects with minimal supervision, work in a technical review function and to support colleagues to increase their understanding about advanced geotechnical principals and offshore geotechnics. The successful candidate will be expected to hold a pivotal role in both the Offshore Geotechnics and Numerical Modelling Technical Disciplines, ensuring that the Client continue to push the envelope of their geotechnical design and modelling capability.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree and ideally an MSc or PhD in a relevant subject.
- Proven geotechnical analysis and design experience, with experience in the Offshore sector.
- Experience in leading offshore design including offshore foundation design (monopile, jacket foundations and suction caissons), driveability, cable burial trench ability and deep-water anchoring.
- Detailed understanding of advanced constitutive soil models, parameter selection for such models, soil-structure interaction, and experience of numerical modelling software (FLAC, PLAXIS 2D / 3D etc.) in addition to standard geotechnical software.
- Experience in validation of geotechnical numerical analysis and numerical model calibration.
- Experience in managing the process of geotechnical numerical analysis within an interdisciplinary project environment.
- A desire to drive digital innovation and further our Client's capability in offshore geotechnics and advanced geotechnical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients and engineers from other disciplines.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- Working towards or holding Chartered status.
- A valid UK driving licence.