Senior Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer
Quote ref: 1061/76451
This role is for a major design, engineering and project management consultancy, who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. Our Client has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer based in their Birmingham office to help support the rapidly expanding workload and impressive portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects both in the UK and internationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of their most challenging projects. Our Client looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future.
Candidates should have the right flare and ability that will help develop and expand their infrastructure geotechnics capability by building on the existing portfolio of the rapidly expanding, flexible and outward looking team that can tackle work across a broad spectrum of sectors.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail or water geotechnics.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
- Chartered status.
- Proven experience of acting in a senior role in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- A valid UK driving licence.