Senior Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer
- Deadline: 21.02.2024
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Client as an experienced Senior Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer based in their Birmingham office to help support their rapidly expanding workload and impressive portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects both in the UK and internationally. They are currently expanding their team to meet the growing demands from their clients and are therefore searching for someone with drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future and someone with a proven technical and project management track record. This role supports flexible working.
Candidates should have the right flare and ability that will help our Client develop and expand their infrastructure geotechnics capability.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail or water geotechnics.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
- Chartered status.
- Proven experience of acting in a senior role in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- A valid UK driving licence.