Associate Geotechnical Engineer / Team Leader
Quote ref: 1061/66062
One of the biggest building services consultancies is currently looking for an experienced Associate Geotechnical Engineer / Team Leader to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role is for the Belfast location and supports flexible working.
Candidates for this role should have the right flare and ability that will help the Client develop and expand their infrastructure geotechnics capability by building on the existing portfolio of their rapidly expanding, flexible and outward looking team that can tackle work across a broad spectrum of sectors. The successful applicant will be an Associate Geotechnical Engineer with a proven technical and project management track record.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Leading the geotechnical team for major infrastructure projects.
- Leading the geotechnical team for strategic bids.
- Developing your own network of business contacts to contribute to the growth of the ground engineering discipline.
- Representing our Client at industry events.
- Integrating the team to their technical discipline and market leads.
- Mentoring of early career team members.
- Managing, motivating, mentoring, and developing professional staff.
- Developing and then overseeing initiatives.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail, or water geotechnics.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent).
- Chartered status.
- Proven experience of acting as an Associate Geotechnical Engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management – experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- A valid UK driving licence.