Team Lead - Arboriculture
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
My client is an environmental consultancy and they are currently looking to recruit a Team Lead in Arboriculture for their central London offices.
The role of the Arboriculture BU Lead, in support of their Divisional Director, is to provide Leadership to their Business Unit to help achieve its goals and objectives. The role includes leading the BU and realising the strategy for the BU, playing a key role in the BU’s performance and success, and taking the lead role in managing its day-to-day operations and delivery.
More generally the BU Lead will work closely with their Divisional Director to contribute to setting the strategy for, and ensuring the successful performance of, the Division. They will work collaboratively with others to leverage cross-selling business opportunities and ensure an integrated and mutual beneficial one business approach.
The BU Lead will play a key role in growing, developing and motivating the BU team, providing technical leadership and promoting an inclusive, supportive, fair and productive work environment. They will demonstrate leadership on the values and behaviour aligned to being a leading Ethical and Sustainable business.
The BU Lead role will include but not be limited to:
- Promoting the success of the whole business internally and externally.
- Supporting a positive culture and exemplifying the values and behaviours of the one business.
- Ensuring compliance with all policy, process, systems and procedures and leading on their adoption and continual improvement.
- Collaboratively working with other divisions, regional, sector, support service and business unit leads and deputies to achieve BU, divisional and The Temple Group business plan goals.
- Actively contributing to the successful performance and growth of the BU including the identification and management of risk and opportunities.
- Helping identify and communicate BU concerns, needs and opportunities.
- Taking responsibility for raising the profile of their BU, team members and service offerings (both internally and externally) and the winning and delivery of profitable work.
- Promoting collaborative within and across division and BU working and co-operation.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the Division.
- Inputting into BU business planning and divisional budget setting.
- Assisting in managing, monitoring and reporting the performance, of the BU and BU led projects against business plan, specific targets and KPIs.
- Helping to ensure the needs of the BU are understood and represented at the divisional level.
- Helping to ensure the quality, quantity and availability of resources match the needs of the BU, Division and the Business.
- Prioritising their role and performance as BU lead.
- Health and Safety responsibilities in line with Business policy and procedures.
- Undertaking special assignments from the Divisional Director as they may arise from time to time.
- Undertaking any other tasks as deemed commensurate with this role.
- To provide leadership on the need for technical excellence.
- To encourage and promote active engagement in professional institutes / organisations as relevant.
- To support the establishment and maintenance of framework within the BU to assure and control the high technical quality of all work undertaken and or items produced. i.e Responsible for quality assurance of all material prepared by the BU.
- Provide technical mentoring and support to the BU.
- Establish themselves as a technical expert in their chosen field.
- Lead on diversification of Arboricultural and related services (e.g. green infrastructure and ecosystem services, as relevant.)
- Promote understanding of Arboriculture in all technical disciplines in the company.
- Strong technical understanding and expertise.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent client relationship and work winning skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Proven experience in a team leadership role.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- 10 years plus industry experience.
- Chartered professional or equivalent professional membership with presentable record of CPD.