- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a design environmental consultancy and they are currently looking to recruit Sustainability Consultants to add to their London team
Our client is seeking a sustainability professional to join their growing sustainability team with experience in sustainability consultancy within their London office. The role will involve working within the London office and with teams across all of their UK offices to some degree in order to coordinate both liaison with clients and the delivery of technical input.
Based in their London office you will be part of a hardworking and growing team of consultants. As part of your role, you will be working with the head of Sustainability to understand the client brief. Using own initiative and technical skills, you will support the wider (multi-disciplinary) project team through safe, efficient and effective delivery of tasks to deadlines. This will ensure that the project remains within budget and to agreed standards. You will be responsible for delivery of assigned tasks whilst acting under minimal supervision, therefore you will be expected to plan your own work to meet given objectives.
As a Sustainability Consultant, you will be required to work closely with technical disciplines within the organisation and clients to help them measure and then improve their sustainability performance. Although tasks may vary depending on projects and scope, you'll typically need to:
- carry out research and use environmental impact assessments to measure issues such as carbon footprint and energy performance.
- collect and analyse data, and produce reports to demonstrate your findings
- present your findings to clients
- provide advice around how clients can meet regulations laid out in environmental law
- recommend technologies and explain the most cost-effective and beneficial routes to sustainability. This could involve switching to alternative energy sources to lower energy costs, smarter water usage, reducing waste and lowering carbon emissions
- Supporting and assisting the Head of Sustainability with the wider Sustainability Strategy.
-Assisting with the communications (both internal and external) of our progress and achievements in Sustainability.
- Implement project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Manage projects which involve identifying potential clients, preparing marketing materials, bid documents, and managing resources and budgets to deadline.