Senior Sustainability Consultant
- Deadline: 21.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies delivering projects across Cities & Development, Education, Residential, Aviation, Defence, Energy, Manufacturing, Highways, Water and Rail & Logistics buildings. They are also a leading provider of sustainability and low carbon services, providing a range of support and insight to large private and public-sector clients.
They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Sustainability Consultant to join their growing team of dedicated Building Design sustainability and carbon professionals and work with their clients at the corporate, strategic and project level to drive carbon strategies and the transition to Net Zero. The role is located in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Manchester (flexible working)
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with proven experience, looking to progress their career to the next level through working on high profile projects throughout the UK. The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable and skilled sustainability consultant with solid experience in delivering consultancy services for building design including: developing project specific sustainability targets, conducting multidisciplinary sustainability workshops, provision of technical advice and guidance in areas of circular economy, materials selection and waste minimisation, as well as advising on energy efficiency and low carbon technologies.
- Delivery and reporting on project sustainability targets, and liaison with project director/ manager/ technical lead/ reviewer responsible for new build and retrofit projects central and local government and other project promoters.
- Providing technical sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas.
- Generate good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assistance with bid preparation, budgetary, project and team management/mentoring responsibilities.
- Educated to degree/higher degree level in a sustainability / environment / climate change / carbon management related discipline. You will possess carbon and net zero related expertise; a wide range of skill sets and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects.
- Knowledgeable of UK Government policy and other industry initiatives that relate to energy use and sustainable developments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively with a range of technical specialists at different levels.
- Flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other locations.
- Experience of UK climate change, carbon and net zero regulations, guidance and standards.
- Knowledge of standards and methods for assessing and reporting on carbon performance of infrastructure projects.
- Excellent verbal communicator with the ability to present with confidence to a wide range of audiences and communicate technical concepts simply and clearly.
- Excellent writing skills - clarity in scientific writing is key. Able to adapt writing style to produce documents for different types of audience, including non-specialists.
- Good working knowledge of BREEAM is essential
- Knowledge of international regulatory frameworks, guidance and standards would be an advantage.
- Ideally be certified as BREEAM Accredited Professional (Design & Site).
- Knowledge of WELL, LEED, NABERS etc. would be an advantage.