Senior EIA Consultant
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
My client is seeking an experienced EIA practitioner to play a management role in infrastructure projects and bidding, primarily transport infrastructure for their own client. You will be comfortable introducing a range of relevant propositions including infrastructure route appraisal, Environmental Impact Assessments, pre-planning or construction environmental monitoring/management.
You will use and actively develop a network of contacts in client organisations (e.g. transport project promoters and contractors), strategic partners and other collaborators to win and deliver work. You will be supported by and work closely with colleagues across the company.
Other role details include:
- The Senior Consultants will report to the EIA Property or Infrastructure team lead and work closely with all internal teams and potentially with the wider group of companies.
- Our Client is looking for experienced EIA project managers to manage and deliver EIA’s. The applicants need to be client focused with a positive and proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and happy to work as part of a team.
- The successful candidates would be expected to have excellent project management, report writing and client liaison skills with a keen eye for detail and a positive attitude towards business development. They will lead or contribute to proposals and projects of all scales. Their role within project delivery may be as project director, project manager, framework manager and/or technical lead.
- Responsibilities will include the coordination and preparation of a variety of EIA projects including the technical reviews, financial management, preparation of fee proposals, management of the review process and training / mentoring of junior members of the team.
• Ideally have 5+ years of client-facing consulting experience.
• Have project management experience and ability to confidentially instruct and support more junior members of staff.
• Demonstrable experience writing proposals and delivering EIA projects.
• Have excellent report writing skills.
• Be confident and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills, having the ability to liaise at all levels.
• Be degree-educated.
• Be able to work under their own initiative.
• Have Associate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) and working towards Practitioner Member Experience of any of the following would be useful:
• Project management qualifications such as APM, Prince 2 etc.
• A specialist in one or more of the traditional EIA disciplines, planning or sustainability.
• Developing and implementing environmental management plans/CoCPs (or equivalent) to support construction property development projects.
• Commercial awareness and familiarity with managing budgets as part of project deliverables
We expect the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A track record of delivering successfully to clients in transport infrastructure
- An active network of contacts in transport infrastructure
- Specialism in one or more of the traditional EIA disciplines, planning or sustainability
- Project management and people management experience
- Bid preparation and business development experience
- Confidence, excellent communication skills, and be client focussed
- Energy and enthusiasm, with attention to detail and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Project management qualifications
- Experience of work on major non-transport projects and programmes
- Experience in EIA for property development
- Experience developing and implementing environmental management plans/COCPs (or equivalent) to support scheme delivery