Senior Consultant Ecologists
Bristol or Manchester
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy that provides sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs for the property, infrastructure, energy and environmental sectors. They are currently seeking a Senior Ecologist located across the South West and North West. This role has a competitive salary, depending on skills and experience.
Operating from multiple locations throughout the UK, their EIA teams have helped clients successfully deliver high-profile estate regeneration projects, mixed-use urban developments, strategic land schemes, tall buildings, industrial & logistics facilities and port upgrades across the UK.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that has pride in the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
What’s on offer for you as Senior Ecologists:
• An opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team in a leading consultancy
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Excellent future career opportunities
Candidates for the role will be degree qualified ecologists with a demonstrable track record in consultancy.
• A thorough knowledge of ecological legislation and planning policy in the UK
• Ideally have experience in both linear infrastructure and property development projects
• Full Membership of CIEEM and/or Chartered Ecologist status
• Have more than 5-6 year’s* experience in ecological consultancy or related sector
• Excellent report writing skills for PEA reports, EcIA, Biodiversity Net Gain assessments and BREEAM 2018 Assessments
• An understanding of the EIA process and have experience in undertaking or contributing to ES chapters would be an advantage
• Have experience of people management and ability to lead and develop a team
• Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication (including technical report writing) skills and an ability to prepare fee proposals
• Be able to undertake ecological surveys and desk-based studies to a high standard
• Have a solid understanding of conservation legislation and protected species licensing, ideally holding at least one survey/handling licence for a protected species
• Understand the EIA process and have experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments
• Be able to provide pragmatic, commercially aware ecological advice to our portfolio of major clients
• Hold a full UK driving licence.