Principal Consultant - Climate Change / Sustainability
Quote ref: 999676/21667
Our client is one of the UK’s leading independent environmental consultancies, specialising in environmental assessments, planning, policy advice and sustainability. They are currently seeking Senior / Principal Consultants (Climate Change / Sustainability) to join their Air Quality & Climate Change teams located in either London or Manchester.
With a team comprised of some of the most talented people in the industry, the team enjoys working on the most exciting and complex projects, where clients can leverage the full value of their insights and commitment.
You will take a lead role in the delivery and management of climate change projects, helping to grow the business in this area as well as to further build their market presence.
They are seeking an experienced Principal Consultant to further strengthen the climate change capacity and expertise within the team. You will have the opportunity to help shape the future of their work in what is a fast moving, globally important and exciting topic area.
As a senior member of the team, you will have proven experience in all aspects of consultancy.
You will contribute to the development of business area strategy, lead projects and bids and provide support to the development of more junior colleagues.
The role will contribute to existing projects and play a lead role in further developing their portfolio of climate change work in the UK and internationally. It is anticipated that this will include the management, technical leadership and winning of projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to develop and deliver a strategy for the climate change business area, working alongside the Senior Technical Director.
Your expertise, experience, network of contacts and interests will contribute significantly in setting their future strategic direction in this area.
• Work with the Senior Technical Director to provide leadership of business development and delivery in the climate change area.
• Provide technical expertise in one or more of the following fields: climate change mitigation analysis, low carbon technologies and energy efficiency, climate change vulnerability and adaptation assessment, greenhouse gas emissions inventories/assessment, emissions trading systems, Monitoring Reporting and Verification (MRV) system development, climate change policy development/analysis, UK/EU/UN climate change legislation and processes.
• Lead and contribute to a wide variety of climate change analysis, advice and capacity building projects.
• Provide technical direction and oversight on projects within the team including writing, checking and review of deliverables.
• Have financial/commercial responsibility for projects and tenders
• Develop client relationships and win new work.
• Undertake bidding work including preparing, contributing to and reviewing bids/tenders.
• Communicate, liaise and collaborate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Help grow and develop the wider team through mentoring and line management.
• A passion for the environment and delivering beneficial outcomes.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field with further degree or professional qualification.
• Specialism in one or more key climate change fields.
• A proven track record of managing and taking responsibility for delivering successful projects of different sizes.
• Experience of leading project teams, including the development of team members.
• Experience of leading bids, including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentations.
• Strong networking capability and a well-developed network of contacts.
• Confidence, excellent written and oral communication skills, energy and enthusiasm, and a creative approach to problem solving.
It will be desirable if you:
• Are a nationally or internationally recognised expert in your technical field.
• Have experience of developing and delivering international projects.