Our government client are currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team on a new contract.
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Didcot – at least 4 days/week in office
Pay Rate to Candidate: £32.00/hour UMB
• Identify user requirements and translate them into working solutions
• Produce specifications documents and ensure they are documented and maintained
• Create detailed CAD electrical schematics, P&ID’s, panel layout diagrams, wiring plans and BOM
• Ensuring commissioning of systems meets the requirements and specifications criteria of the project
• Evaluating the best technical setup for the future of the facility
• Collaborating with mechanical designers, control engineers, software engineers and scientist to build new systems
• Getting involved in the prototype of bespoke developments, from design to final validation
• Designing, developing, and commissioning of electrical control systems based on user’s requirements.
• Supporting electrical problem-solving during manufacturing build process and commissioning process.
• Working with suppliers delivering components or systems to a project
• Experience using Auto CAD Electrical to design panels and electrical schematics in low voltage and extra low voltage systems.
• Experience interfacing with customers
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to perform calculations and analysis related associated with electrical engineering
• Understanding and application of BS7671 and Electrical Safety
• Proven experience in the development of systems from customers’ requirements to commissioning.
• Sound experience designing and programming PLC based systems and/or high precision motion control systems.
• PLC based system design
• Motor drives/controller knowledge
• Gas and vacuum control systems knowledge
• Interfacing and network communications
• Autodesk Vault